Fraud Resource Center
With fraud of all types on the increase, Southeast Corporate is committed to helping members remain informed, prepared and protected when it comes to fraud. While we will still continue to send you Fraud Alerts as they occur we want to make it easy for you to find them all in one place. In addition you will find training and other resources to assist your credit union in its effort to defend against fraud. Today, because payments process so quickly, having a ready resource, that is easy to access is even more important and we are here to help.
Fraud Red Flags and Member Training
Beware of Account Changes - This recording is based on actual events and points out red flags credit unions should be aware of.
Preventing Fraudulent Wires - This recording zeroes in on one of the latest scams involving HELOC loans and fraudulent wires.
HELOC-Wire Fraud Training Presentation: This PowerPoint presentation offers a ready-made training session for your credit union to download and use to train staff.
Download the PowerPoint | Download the PDF
Fraud Prevention Tips
This blog is a great resource for the latest insight into the ongoing effort to stay ahead of payments fraud. It contains helpful insight and thought provoking tips. http://portalsandrails.frbatlanta.org/
Account Takeover a Top Concern for Banks, Businesses - There have been 41 data breaches involving financial institutions so far in 2010 - well on the way to surpassing the 62 such incidents in all of 2009. http://www.cuinfosecurity.com/articles.php?art_id=2843&rf=2010-08-18-ec
Archived Fraud Alerts
- January 13, 2012 - Phishing Alert - Email claiming to be from Southeast Corporate
- December 8, 2011 - A Florida Credit Union Defeats International Wire Fraud
- September 19, 2011 - Phishing Alert - Email claiming to be from NACHA
- June 14, 2011 - Fraudulent Wire Activity
- March 3, 2011 - Phishing Alert - Email claiming to be from Federal Reserve Bank
- February 23, 2011 - Phishing Alert - Email claiming to be from NACHA
- October 25, 2010 - Phishing Alert - EFTPS Tax Payments
- July 28, 2010 - Fraudulent Cashier's Checks Reported in Alabama and Florida
- June 25, 2010 - Alert Regarding Fraudulent Wire Activity
- May 26, 2010 - Fraud Email Phishing Activity Reported
- May 6, 2010 - Alert Regarding Fraudulent Wire Activity
- January 28, 2010 - Alert Regarding Fraudulent Wire Activity
Fraud in the News